Tuesday 26 August 2014

Black & White

The White With 1 challenge for this month is Liquorice so I went all out using a b&w photo too. I recently found this old pic on my 'puter and it reminded me of the furore Steve Irwin caused when he took his baby boy into the croc enclosure. 
Here my hubby has the boys at work and they are doing something dangerous. They lived through it completely unharmed and have a richer bond with their dad thanks to these kind of experiences. I guess sometimes family bonding moments need to happen out of the public eye, away from potential criticism from those who just don't get it. Anyhow...here's my page...


I used some Liquitex Matte Medium mixed with a little black acrylic ink, applied with a brayer, to get the look of fence palings on the background. Some gyprock tape, black craft paper, and WOW chipboard messy circles.
Stamping with bubble wrap too.

Thanks for dropping by


6 comments:

  1. Peg this is sensational - you make black and white look so easy. Beautiful work

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! this is amazing!!! Love everything about this!!! Thanks for playing along with WW1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loooove this page Peg!!! The process sounds soo fun with the impact of the black and white - striking and so artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great layout Peg! I love the graphic black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page and great moment to document! Thanks for joining us at WW1.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW what an amazing layout. I love your background and the circles and everything. It's almost like an image from the 50s or something. Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, not only do they make me really happy, but they also give me the opportunity to come and say hello and see what you are doing in blogland. I like that!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.